I wasn’t feeling very inspired today, so Patricia is taking over with a quick update.
Hi guys! It’s me, Pat. I just wanted to quickly come in here and say hi! It is currently 10:30 PM. As mentioned in Chris’ previous blog, we are here in Thailand to teach! I am currently taking university courses in the evening after work. We have been in Thailand for a month now and it has been quite the adjustment. We are both still adjusting around school and the city. Let me tell you what our typical day looks like:
- On some days we wake up at 5:00 AM and leave the house around 5:15. We cross the street and make our way to South East Asia University. We go for a run until 5:45.
- At 6:30, Chris leaves to meet with his cab crew and they cab to Campus 2.
- At 7:10, I meet with friends and we walk to work at Campus 1. On our way to work, we usually stop at the fruit stand and grab some fruit for the day. Most days, we will see two monks walking down the street. They collect food that they will take back to the temples, and bless some of the people that want to be blessed.
- At around 7:30, I get to school and get ready for the day to begin.
- At 4:30 PM, we rush back home as evening courses start at 5:45–6:00 PM.
- Around 5:15–5:30, I meet Chris back at the apartment and we go out to grab dinner. Sometimes I will get dinner for myself and Chris will go later on in the evening.
- At 9:00, my classes end and we get ready for school the next day to do it all over again.
- Some nights, like tonight, Chris and I will walk to 7-Eleven and get ice cream that costs between 10–20 baht.
There ya go folks, that’s a quick snippet of what our day looks like.
Below are some photographs we’ve taken during our time here! Enjoy!